Current lab members:
Tzu-Yu Chen, Ph.D. , Organic Chemistry, enzyme catalysis and mechanism, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yu-Cong Zheng, Ph.D. , Enzyme catalysis and biosynthesis, email@example.com
Tyler Hostetler, Biochemistry and Protein Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I received my B.S. in Biology and a minor in Chemistry from Pennsylvania State University. I am interested in working at the interface between chemistry and biology. More specifically, designing/ modifying enzymes to leverage their catalytic capabilities in our favor, by solving difficult problems within the realm of organic synthesis. During this time, I am also interested in utilizing computational chemistry to help guide a rational design of these enzymes.
Charalambos Michael (Harry), Organic Chemistry, email@example.com
- I am from Cyprus and I got my bachelor degree in Chemistry at the University of Cyprus. I speak 3 languages and I love soccer. I am interested in total synthesis/biosynthesis of biologically active natural products and enzymatic mechanisms that are involved in making these molecules.
Brady Zanella, Chemical Biology and Natural Product, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I received my B.S. and M.S. in Chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. As someone who was born and raised in Raleigh, it feels good to be back home and a member of the Wolfpack family. I look forward to conducting research in the Chang Lab.
Alyssa Suhocki, Synthesis and Natural Product, email@example.com
- I received my B.S. in Chemistry at Wake Forest University. I enjoy exploring national and state parks and love to read. I am interested in the synthesis of biologically relevant organic molecules.
Sayali Karandikar, Enzyme catalysis and mechanism, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I received my Masters degree in Chemistry from Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur. I am interested in identifying new enzymatic transformations and learning about their mechanism.
Shilin Liu, Enzyme engineering, email@example.com
Angela Yao, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am currently majoring in Chemistry with intent to double major in Biology. I am interested in learning about enzymatic transformations and organic synthesis. In my spare time, I enjoy playing the piano.
Seth Thomas, email@example.com
- I am currently pursuing a degree in chemistry. Organic chemistry is my favorite facet of chemistry by far and I hope to conduct research in the field of organic chemistry in the future. I am a part of CRU as a Bible study leader and I am a massive Star Wars nerd.
Ruth MeGee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a senior double majoring in biochemistry and biology. I am interested in working with proteins and introducing mutations to alter their functions. I am a TA for organic chemistry and a member of club swim here at NC State.
Former lab members:
Britt, Dillon (Undergraduate, 2016)
Collazos, Lance (Undergraduate, 2016)
Dr. Jhih-Liang (Scott) Huang (Post-doc, 2017, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Taiwan)
Dominick Ali (MS., Organic Chemistry, 2017, Wake Technical Community College)
Justin Dicks (MS., Organic Chemistry, 2017, Pfizer)
Xinglin (Jason) Jia (Undergraduate, 2017)
Nicole Wagner (Undergraduate, 2017, Ohio State University, Ph.D. program in Biochemistry)
Dev Sanyal (MS., Organic Chemistry, 2018, Catalent Pharma Solutions)
Cheng-Ping Yu (Visiting scholar, 2018)
Michael Feuerstein (2018)
Krone Liesl (Undergraduate, 2018)
Meredith McNamee (Undergraduate, 2019, UNC Chapel Hill, Ph.D. program in Chemistry)
Richard Monsky (Undergraduate, 2019)
Garim You (2019)
Chi-Ti Peng (Research assistant, 2020, Greenfiltec Taiwan Ltd, Taiwan)
Dr. Madison Davidson (Ph.D., Organic Chemistry 2020, KBI Biopharma)
Marisah de Moll (Undergraduate, 2021)
Kai-Xiang Lai (2022)
Brendon Sadlowski (Undergraduate, 2022)
Xiaojun Li (Postdoc, 2022, Hongene Biotech Corporation)
Haoyu Tang (Postdoc, 2022)
Noah Stallcup (Undergraduate, 2022)
Inam Ramzan (Undergraduate, 2022)
Lindsay Coffer (Undergraduate, 2022)
Nicholas Koenig Canty (MS., 2023)
Lide Cha (PhD., 2023, Postdoc at UIUC)